We have big news at St. Mary’s. We have called the Rev. Kristine A. Johnson to be our next rector!
I think what we all want now is to hear from her and to see more photos of her and her family. Alas, as luck would have it, she is far away in Europe celebrating her and Melvin’s 30th wedding anniversary, and she will not return home until August 9. I am sure she is as eager to communicate with us, as we are to hear from her. And so we must be patient for a little while.
In the meantime, several of you have asked about the blessing I have been using, and so I am sharing it with you:
Life is short and we have too little time to gladden
the hearts of those who travel this way with us.
So, be swift to love and make haste to be kind. . .
and may the blessing of God Almighty,
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
be with you now and always. Amen.
No matter how hard we try, we don’t always get the chance to spend enough precious time with those we love. The beautiful blessing above reminds us in tender and lovely language, that life is uncertain, even capricious.
There are many ways to say what Jesus taught us: to “love one another as I have loved you”….and to “ love your neighbor as yourself.” This little blessing is one of the best.
Your Transition Priest,
Thanks be to God for sending the Rev. Kristine A. Johnson to be St. Mary’s next Rector!
And thanks to all these people for their steadfast efforts:
- The Search Committee – Brita Bruemmer & Don Fennell, co-chairs and Rebecca Bruemmer, Robert Daunt, Sarah Schramm, Lindsey Synsteby, and Mickey Welsh.
- The Vestry – Elizabeth McCorkle & Robert Daunt, Senior & Junior Wardens and Jean Blondeau, Ray Brown, Rick Franke, Kathy Herbig, Kozue Knowles, Jackie Pierce, Harrison Schramm, Kyle Strom, Sharon Tiner, and Peg Wittrock.
And also to:
- Bishop Mary Gray-Reeves, The Rev. Canon Jesus Reyes, and the Rev. Canon Brian Nordwick for their wise guidance
- Steve Pearson, discernment guide, from Good Shepherd Church
- Coral Malpede and Melinda Bowman Manlin for their administrative assistance.
- The Altar Guild for setting up for the extra services.
- Don Fennell for providing a delicious lunch each day.
Mark Your Calendars!
Sunday, September 8 will be Homecoming Sunday at St. Mary’s. Sunday School and Choir will resume, and stay tuned! There are rumors of a fun special event!
Sunday, September 29 we will welcome the Rev. Kristine A. Johnson as our new rector. The transition team is busy working on a plan to support and welcome Kristine and Melvin to St. Mary’s. More details to come soon.