Everywhere I look at St. Mary’s, I see random goodness.
- Ever wonder who does the dishes after the Stone Soup Potluck? Peer into the kitchen, and you’ll find Fran and Dave Foote busy at the big sink. And then along comes Eugene Loh to do a few more.
- Not able to drive anymore? No problem, for Judy Moffett, who arrives with Ann Pettit for 10 o’clock and Jan Parks, who is driven to 8 o’clock by Jean Scholefield.
- Passing by Edwards Hall late on a Saturday afternoon, you may hear a rich mezzo-soprano voice, accompanied by piano. Of course, it’s Robin Williams, providing beautiful music for one of the I-HELP Dinners.
- How is it that we have delicious coffee on Sunday mornings? There’s Betsy Lobay in the kitchen, brewing pots of “Caf and Decaf” before 8 o’clock more Sundays than not.
- David and Peg Wittrock and Ann Pettit are mostly “behind the scenes,” as those who coordinate all aspects of the Columbarium and Memorial Garden. But managing inurnments and interments, and reserving resting places, are just a few of the multitude of tasks in this vital St. Mary’s ministry.
These are just a few examples. Feel free to add to the list!