COVID UPDATE – JANUARY 12, 2021
COVID UPDATE – JANUARY 6, 2021
Monterey County entered the yellow tier of the Covid pandemic on June 2,2021, and effective June 15, 2021, the State of California will eliminate the tier system for monitoring the Covid situation and lift restrictions except for some specific situations. El Camino Real Diocese has provided guidelines for churches in the diocese to use in developing protocols for this phase of the pandemic. These protocols can be more restrictive but not less restrictive than the diocese guidelines.
St. Mary’s by-the-Sea re-entry team has considered the new guidelines and the following protocols will be in effect until further notice.
Protocols for indoor/outdoor gatherings on campus:
- The Rector must give permission for any onsite in-person gatherings.
- Sign ups for church services and other in-person activities are required.
- The Designated Host will maintain a list of all attendees with contact information for notification purposes if an exposure or possible exposure occurs.
- Individuals are expected to notify the Rector as soon as possible if they develop Covid symptoms within (14) days after participating in an in-person activity.
- Following a possible exposure, Individuals will be notified and advised to avoid in-person activity until they are symptom free for 14 days or test negative.
- Capacity is at 100% if social distancing can be maintained.
- Masks are required at all times while on campus except while eating or drinking.
- Social distancing is advised except those who are fully vaccinated and elect to sit together as a pod.
- If all individuals in a group are vaccinated the group may go without masks while remaining within that group.
- Coffee and tea may be made in the kitchen following the kitchen safety guidelines.
- No homemade food is permitted. Tongs are to be used for serving.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available.
- Bathroom use will be limited to Clay Hall.
- Physical contact is discouraged.
- Communion will be bread only until further notice.
- Soft congregational singing with masks is allowed.
- Voluntary vaccination disclosure process will be available.
Memorial Service Protocols:
- Masks are required at all times while on site except while eating and drinking.
- Social distancing is encouraged but not required due to the familiarity of those attending the service.
- Receptions may be held indoors with doors open.
- The kitchen is available following established protocols. Food must be served with tongs.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Receptions are limited to 90 minutes.
- Bathrooms will be available.
Questions and concerns about these protocols can be addressed by contacting the Rector, Kristine Johnson at 831-373-4441 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by contacting the chair of the re-entry team, Fran Foote at 408-888-3950 or by email at email@example.com.
Vestry approved: 6/16/21